2017 Tiki Barge and Pool Club Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations are subject to change at the discretion of Management and/or Ownership. To view our most up to date copy, please visit our website www.northshorebeachclub.com
I. GENERAL RULES
- Memberships will not be activated until paid in full. All services, food and beverage require payment in full upon receipt. House accounts and/or credits are not available for Members or guests.
- Members are required to present Membership cards upon request.
- The Club and its’ facilities shall be open on the days and during the hours as may be established by the Club from time to time. In order to maintain a safe and secure Club, no Members or their guests are permitted on Club grounds for any reason when the Club is closed.
- IT IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR MEMBERS OR THEIR GUESTS TO ABUSE ANY OF THE CLUB’S EMPLOYEES, VERBALLY OR OTHERWISE. No member shall discipline any employee, nor shall a Member request an employee leave the Club premises for any purpose whatsoever. A member may not utilize their Membership or Membership status to influence an employee or the Club in a business relationship.
- Any employee not rendering courteous and prompt service should be reported to the General Manager.
- Members are not to request special, personal or office services from Club employees who are on duty.
- Dogs and other pets are strictly prohibited on all Club property.
- All outside food and beverages are prohibited.
- All plans or set dates for outside functions or Member parties for the pool, dining areas and/or adjacent restaurant and garden or any other club related facility must be approved in writing by the Club Management and/or Ownership.
- Reservation requests for private parties should be made in advance. There will be no guarantee for requests to be granted. A nonrefundable deposit may be required for private party reservations.
- Members must assume full responsibility for the conduct of their guests at ALL TIMES. Members who sponsor private functions or host cabanas shall be responsible for any damage incurred in conjunction with the function. Members are also responsible for the installation and removal of all party décor. Club Management/Ownership shall not be responsible for any items left at the Club.
- No advertisements or communications shall be posted or circulated in the Club, nor shall business of any kind be solicited, circulated or posted within the Club’s facilities.
- All complaints or suggestions should be written or emailed, to the General Manager.
- No vendors or performance by entertainers will be permitted on Club property without the express written permission of the Club Management and/or Ownership.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served or sold, nor permitted to be consumed on the premises during hours prohibited by law. No alcoholic beverage will be sold or served to any person not permitted to purchase same under the laws of the State of Maryland. No alcoholic beverage will be sold for off-premise consumption.
- All food and beverage consumed on Club property shall be furnished by the Club. No private coolers or bottles or outside food or beverages will be allowed.
- For the protection safety welfare of Members, guests, invitees and Club staff,
A. The possession of any type of weapon including but not limited to firearms, knives, combustible materials of every kind and description including, without limitation, handguns, is absolutely prohibited on Club property at all times. None of the foregoing shall be stored on Club property, or in any vehicle brought onto Club property. This rule shall not apply to police officers, sheriff’s deputies, other governmental law enforcement officers and/or private security personnel hired by the Club while they are acting in the line of duty and within the scope of their official authority; and
B. No illegal drugs or substances are allowed on the Club property at anytime.
VIOLATION OF A OR B ABOVE BY ANY MEMBER SHALL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE PERMANENT TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT REFUND.
- Trespassing Prohibited. No one shall trespass upon Club property at any time. For purposes of this rule the following actions shall constitute a trespass on Club property: a. Entering or remaining in any Club buildings other than during the normal hours when such buildings are open for use by Members, as established from time to time by Club Management and Ownership. b. Any act on Club property which exceeds the express
or implied invitation, permission, or license given by the Club to Members to be present on, or to use for the purpose intended, the Club property and its facilities.
termination of their Membership or Club privileges with no refund.
- If a Member brings legal action, except an action for bodily injury or wrongful death or for property damage, against the Club, or its employees, or against any Member of the Management, Ownership, standing committees, subcommittees or adhoc committees who is acting in an official capacity on behalf of the Club wherein the Member fails to obtain a judgment, the Member shall be responsible for attorney’s fees, court costs and all expenses even if not assessable as court costs (including all such fees, costs and expenses incident to appeals), incurred in that action or proceeding in addition to any other relief to which such party may be entitled.
- Club Management and Ownership reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules and Regulations at anytime in their sole discretion.
- LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY
- The Club shall not be responsible for any loss or damages to i) any property left, stored or brought on to the Club premises, or to ii) any vehicle or any property in any vehicle that is on Club or Clubaffiliated property.
- No person shall remove from the grounds any property belonging to the Club, including but not limited to towels, pillows, glasses, cutlery, plant/flowers without prior express written authorization. In case of loss, destruction, defacement or damage to any Club property, the person or persons causing same shall be held financially responsible for the cost of repair or replacement. Members are financially responsible for damages, loss, destruction or defacement of property caused by their guests. In addition to financial liability, intentional damage, destruction or defacement of Club property or another member’s or guests property will result in suspension or termination of Club Membership and privileges.
- Any Member or guests or other person who, in any manner, makes use of, or accepts the use of, any apparatus, appliance, facility, privilege or service whatsoever owned, leased, provided or operated by the Club, or who engages in any contest, game,
function, exercise, competition or other activity operated, organized, arranged or sponsored by the Club, either on or off the Club’s premises, shall do so solely at his or her own risk. The Member shall hold the Club, and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and affiliated individuals and entities harmless from any and all loss, cost, claim, injury, damage or liability sustained or incurred by him or her, resulting there from and/or from any act or omission of any director, officer, employee, representative or agent of the Club. Any Member shall have, owe and perform the same obligation to the Club, its’ directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and affiliated individuals and entities hereunder in respect to any such loss, cost, claim, injury, damage or liability sustained or incurred by any guest of the Member.
- All items found in the Club are properly documented and kept for safekeeping, with the exception of bank/credit cards, which will be destroyed if not claimed within one week.
- Guests will be contacted within the next 23 business days for lost and found valuable items whenever possible.
- The Club will hand over certain high value items (i.e. large amounts of money, jewelry, etc...) and suspicious or banned substances to the local police immediately. Guests will need to contact the police to reclaim such items. After items have been handed over to the police, the club is only responsible for providing guests with proof of the transfer or the item(s) to the police and the contact details of the police stations the item were transferred to.
- Other items not claimed within thirty (30) days will be donated to local charities or discarded. Club Management/Ownership shall not be responsible for any items left on the Club property for over thirty (30) days.
- A Member or Guest should call or email Club Management promptly for inquiries about Lost and Found Items.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Suspended Members may not use the Club facilities, even as a guest. This includes, but is not limited to, the bar and dining areas, the pool area, and parking area, any special events held by the Club, or private catering events, such as, birthday parties, weddings, etc.
- The Club Management and Ownership may terminate or suspend a Member’s Membership or Club privileges if, in the sole judgment of the Club Management and Ownership, the Member: a. fails to meet eligibility for Membership; b. submits false information on the application for Membership or for guest privileges; c. permits his or her Membership card to be used by anyone other than the designated holder; d. exhibits unsatisfactory behavior, deportment or appearance; e. fails to pay any amount owed to the Club in a prompt and timely manner, as provided in the Club Rules and Regulations and Schedule of Fees; f. fails to abide by the Club Rules and Regulations; g. treats the personnel or employees of the Club or any Member or any guest in an unreasonable or abusive manner; h. fails to accompany a guest when using the facilities of the Club; or i. engages in any other conduct, or fails to meet any other obligation, determined by the Club as appropriate for termination or suspension any other conduct, or fails to meet any other obligation, determined by the Club as appropriate for termination or suspension of Memberships, from time to time, for any reason whatsoever.
- The Club Management and Ownership may at any time, and from time to time, restrict or suspend, for cause or causes described in the preceding paragraph, any Member’s Membership or rights to use any or all of the facilities of the Club. No such Member shall on account of any such restrictions or suspension be entitled to any refund of any Membership contribution, Membership dues or any other fees. During the restriction or suspension, dues and other charges shall continue to accrue and shall be paid in full prior to reinstatement of the Member as a Member in good standing.
- Any Member who has had his or her Membership terminated for any reason other than the failure to meet eligibility requirements for Membership shall not again be eligible for Membership nor admitted to use the facilities of the Club under any circumstances.
guests of our dress requirements.
- The dress standards of the Club may be waived by the Club Management and/or Ownership from time to time for special activities and functions.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times when on the Club’s premises, except in the pool and shower areas.
1. A gratuity of 20% is recommended for all Food, Beverage and Services, which can be modified at the Members’ discretion. Cash tipping is permitted on the premises of the Club for valets, locker room and pool attendants, and spa services, unless otherwise determined by the Club.
MEMBERSHIP & Guests
- A Member’s guests may be extended guest privileges from time to time subject to applicable guest fees, charges and rules and regulations established by the Club. Guest privileges may be denied, withdrawn or revoked at any time for reasons considered sufficient by the Club Management and/or Ownership per their sole and absolute discretion or as expressly prohibited by the General Rules.
- A member may bring three (3) guests Monday through Friday. Weekends, holidays and special events are limited to only (2) guests per day (Cabana limits may vary). (Club management reserves the right to deny guest admission and change the guest limits at their discretion)
- Daily guest fees will apply.
- A particular individual using the facilities of the Club as a guest must be registered by the sponsoring Member with the Club. The Club reserves the right to require identification
On occasion, nonmembers will be allowed into special events after 7pm.
by each guest. Guests must be accompanied by the Member at all times when using any facility of the Club, unless otherwise determined by the Club Management and/or Ownership of the Club.
- Each Member is responsible for the conduct of his or her guests(s). If the manner, deportment or appearance of any guest is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the sponsoring Member shall, at the request of the Club, be asked to leave the premises of the Club with his/her guest.
- Management reserves the right to change guest policies at their discretion based on volume and time of season.
- Lockers are restricted to Members only.
- Lockers are limited in quantity and on first come first serve availability.
- Members and their guests are asked to keep showers to a maximum of 10 minutes
when others are waiting. Turn water all the way off when through, and be sure to dry off completely when leaving the shower area.
- Members and guests are prohibited from using cell phones and cameras in the locker room.
- All personal belongings must be secured in a locker. Lockers are limited to one per Member per day, and all items must be removed at the end of each day. Any items left in the lockers at the close of business will be sent to the Lost and Found.
- The Club is not responsible for any lost or stolen items from lockers or the locker room.
- Men and women must only enter and/or use their gender designated locker rooms.
- Inappropriate behavior by a Member or Guest according to Club Management and Ownership will not be tolerated and can be used as ground for Membership suspension or termination.
- Towels and toiletries are available for use by Members and Guests, but are prohibited from being removed from the locker room. To conserve energy, Members and guests
10. Food and beverages, other than water, are not permitted in the locker room. 11. Proper etiquette, language and courtesy are to be practiced at all times.
XI. POOL RULES
- The pool is for the exclusive use of Members and their guests. ALL GUESTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE HOST MEMBER AT ALL TIMES.
- Swimming is permitted only during open hours of the pool.
- Use of pool facilities, at any time, is at the user’s risk.
- Individuals using the pool facilities swim at their own risk.
- Showers are required before entering the pool.
- Glass bottles, drinking glasses and breakable materials or sharp objects are not permitted in the pool area.
- All swimmers must wear bona fide swimming attire. Cut off shorts, dungarees and Bermuda shorts are not considered appropriate attire.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the pool area or on the Club grounds at any time.
- Running, ball playing, noisy or hazardous activity will not be permitted in the pool area. Pushing and dangerous games are prohibited.
- Scuba equipment is not to be used in the pool area. Flotation devices are prohibited.
- In consideration of others, no radios will be permitted in the pool areas, except those being listened to by earphones.
- All persons using the pool area and washrooms are required to cooperate in keeping the areas clean by properly disposing of towels, cans, paper plates, etc.
- All persons using the pool furniture are required to cover the furniture with a towel when using suntan lotions; use of these products stain and damage the furniture.
- NO DIVING IS ALLOWED IN THE POOL.
- Towels are available for the convenience of those who are using the pool area and must be returned before leaving.
- Reserving lounge and sun chairs is prohibited. Lounge and sun chairs are limited in quantity and available on first come, first serve basis. Chair availability is not guaranteed.
- Club Management and Ownership has full authority to enforce these Rules and Regulations, and any infractions must be reported to the General Managers of the Club. By being mindful of these rules, Members and Guests will be able to fully enjoy the pool facilities.